Here are the interesting things I stumbled upon on the Internet this past week:
- Epic – Slinky on a Treadmill: Not “epic” as they claim, but entertaining, nonetheless. [via @kottke]
- Two opposing views on Big Data: 5 Reasons Big Data is a Big Deal and What data can and cannot do. I especially like the analogy between our increased ability to perceive the world through data, and the hope that the invention of photography brought to us almost two hundred years ago.
- The Wirecutter: This guy does what I would if I had more time to make a decision before buying any gadget. And he documents it.
- What My 11 Year Old’s Stanford Course Taught Me About Online Education: Good points about the pros and cons of this online education revolution.
- Soviet Moon Lander Discovered Water on the Moon in 1976: This is why I think that research requires both that you are serious about finding the truth and also that you are absolutely effective at communicating what you find along the way. Without that, we cannot move forward.